Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pina Bausch-Vollmond

My friend Peter introduced Pina Bausch to me long time ago. Her dance production mingles theatrical elements with dance, spectacular as always. I saw the programme Vollmond with a University student who is now studying Nursing. The dance was not as good as I expected but the whole idea of vollmond (full moon) captured me. A very common theme in folklores and legends is that the nature takes over when there is full moon. Things and people are affected by full moon (natural forces), water in particular (with my limited knowledge of nature, though not understandng why, wish sb can explain it to me). The use of water in the dance production is remarkable and stimulating.

Speaking of full moon, the calendar thing is fascinating indeed. Yesterday was 29 Feb. Not every year has 29 Feb. If you are born on 29 Feb, legally (according to a HK TV program) you are born on 1 March if that year does not have 29 Feb. Some people chose to get married on 29. What an interesting choice!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Chu said...

the only things I know about fullmoons:
- It occurs when the moon is closest to earth. It affects the tide and apparently affects the menstrual cycle too.
- Werewolves like to bite people in fullmoon.
- Moon-cakes are best eaten under fullmoon.
- Evening military assaults are best avoided under fullmoon.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

which TV program was that about Feb 29? Me and my friend were talking about the fate of Feb 29 birthday boys and girls, on Feb 29 night.

Getting married on Feb 29 is an interesting thought - celebrate your anniversary once every 4 years is really really a good idea, to me.

12:11 AM  
Blogger luigigi said...

The last one from zul... message attention, may be junk/virus, pls don't click that message

9:25 AM  
Blogger luigigi said...

Dear Judy.
29號個集事必關己,個日唔覺意睇左

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home